13.10.10

lights

I have never been very good with artificial light and I never really get how to use my lamps to create nice light. I wish I could use natural light in every photo I take. Anyways, today when I was shooting a lookbook I had to figure out how to use my light-equipment before the model came and while the designer finished the last pieces. So there I was, running back and forth from the camera to the wall.. waiting 10 sec, and back again. I need a camera remote control. After all these years doing selfportraits, I can't believe that I don't have one.
Photobucket
Photobucket

8 comments:

rasha said...

you should get bright orange hair :) it would be awesome!

rasha said...

you should get bright orange hair :) it would be awesome!

Mariell Amélie said...

haha, about 100 hairdressers have told me i should go orange/copper. its pretty boring dying blond roots all the time so i'll keep it blonde now for a while. ;)

Anonymous said...

I was under the impression that you don't go to hairdressers

Anonymous said...

You look amazing :)

Mariell Amélie said...

Why is that? And Well, I'm 22 so naturally I've been to some hairdressers in my life. Haven't been for a year though.

Tonje said...

haha. I feel you on that one. It`s pretty much a mess. I also seem to have trouble with getting the right focus running back and forth like that. Your photo turned out good though. As for hairstyles, i really dig your dark tone in tone style. its brilliant.

good luck practising your light-skills, missy.

feel free to stop by sometime!

xx T

Mariell Amélie said...

thanks anonymous and T! :))